Some crumbs of that day:
– Great Keynote by Michael Palotas, Head of Productivity & Test Engineering Europe.
– Facebook has no manual testers at all. This reflects the testing world in 10 years.
– A tester in a scrum team may be called ‚embedded tester‘.
– Testers probably have the best overview of the product compared to the rest of the company.
– eBay (Francois Reynaud) has developed iOs Driver, Selendroid (which is to some extent a base of Appium) and Selenium Grid -> Selenium isn’t just a project of individual geeks, it’s also driven by the big internet companies (google, ebay, facebook, …).
– eBay Europe uses almost no test specifications, test plans, test concepts (=secondary test artifacts) or closed-source tools
– Selenium IDE has chasen away people (due to maintenance nightmare!)
– There are more than 2000 different Android devices – happy testing!
– Main challegenge with crowdtesting is the aggregation of the feedback/findings.
– Keeping up-to-date the specification is harder in JBehave (et al.) than in FitNesse.
– Selenium is also used in game-testing – think of browser games!