- I’ve found over 78% of real site visitors are not being tracked [by Google Analytics].
- I’ve even seen Google Analytics report the opposite trend to reality. Analytics data is now too unreliable for any trend analyses.
- Many ad blockers – whose purpose is to hide adverts on the websites you visit – also block tracking and analytics services, including Google Analytics.
- Firefox even includes a tracking protection option without the need for any extensions.
- Network administrators can also filter out traffic.
Besserer Ansatz: Logfile-basierte Webanalyse
Einschränkung: Hoster werfen die Access-Logs nach einer Weile weg, z.B. HostEurope nach 2 Wochen.